Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas with Nuts, Spices, and Raisins

Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas with Nuts, Spices, and Raisins// Loves Food, Loves to Eat
I know that pumpkin and pear month is in full swing, but you know what else just screams fall? Other than, you know� ghosts, black cats, witches, and goblins. Cauliflower, nuts, and lotsa warm spices! 

Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas with Nuts, Spices, and Raisins// Loves Food, Loves to Eat
I made this cauliflower couscous a little while ago, and was crazy about the flavors. So good. Like, I just wanted to eat it every day. But, the problem is that my food processor is really small and sucky, so processing a whole head of cauliflower into tiny little couscous-like balls takes forever, is a major pain, and makes a big giant mess. So, I combined that recipe with Gwyneth's roasted cauliflower and chickpeas. OMG GUYS! 

Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas with Nuts, Spices, and Raisins// Loves Food, Loves to Eat
This dish is so freaking good, I'm seriously obsessed. I mean... it might be the best cauliflower I've ever had. EVER. I made it last week and ate it all, the entire thing, by myself. That's an entire head of cauliflower in one meal, in case you were wondering. I just can't stop. And it takes like five minutes to prep (plus 40 or so to cook), so it's super duper easy. Please say you'll make it! 

Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas with Nuts, Spices, and Raisins// Loves Food, Loves to Eat

Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas with Nuts, Spices, and Raisins
Adapted from this recipe and this recipe

1 can of chickpeas, rinsed, drained and lightly dried (with a towel or paper towel)
1 head of cauliflower, cut up into florets
1-2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon za'atar 
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
Salt & pepper
3/4 cup cashews
1/2 cup golden raisins
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped 

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spread chickpeas and cauliflower on a baking sheet, and drizzle with olive oil, za'atar, pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. I use a pretty generous amount of salt, but you can taste the raw cauliflower or chickpeas to get it how you want it. Toss everything together or give it a good shake to mix. 

Roast for about 30 minutes, then add the cashews to the tray, and roast another 5-10 minutes, until cauliflower is golden. Remove from oven, and add to a big bowl. Toss with raisins, lemon juice, and parsley. I like a lot of parsley, but that's up to you. 

Enjoy! 


Roasted Cauliflower & Chickpeas with Nuts, Spices, and Raisins// Loves Food, Loves to Eat
Previous
Next Post »