Spaghetti Squash Veggie Bowl


I was away last weekend in Wisconsin, indulging in amazing food and drink with even more amazing friends.  After eating whatever I pleased for 3 days straight, I felt the need to make something light and comforting last night.  A "Meatless Monday" meal, if you will.  (Wait.  Was yesterday Monday?  I don't even know these things anymore.)  I was perusing the squash, gourd and pumpkin display at Trader Joe's, and I got the idea to make a bowl with spaghetti squash as the base (instead of rice or noodles).  It was delicious, and I will make it again and again...

I halved the squash, scooped out the seeds and roasted it on a baking sheet for 45 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  Then, I scraped out the "noodles" with a fork, drizzled them with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper.  I topped my bowl with saut�ed brussel sprouts (chopped) and shiitake mushrooms (always weirds me out that word has two 'i's'), boiled sweet corn, avocado and sriracha.   

By the way, this also would have been perfect with a soft-boiled egg on top, but for whatever reason I've lost my ability to properly execute that culinary technique.  And that is a fancy way of me saying, WTF... why can't I soft boil an egg anymore??!??  I keep trying, and trying, but it won't peel, and it's like EXTREMELY raw inside.  What am I doing wrong, people, what, what??  
Are you there, God?  It's me, Margaret.    

Previous
Next Post »