Veggie Burgers on TODAY


Hello Blogging World!  I have been SIRIously absent, as I'm sure you've noticed.  February has been a month of highs and LOWS in our house.  It started with Carson getting the flu, BIG time: low.  Then there was my 35th birthday: high!  Err, I guess?  Then our middle child had a 6-day fever: low.  Aaaaaand, then the baby got it: low, low, low.  After that, we flew to Pebble Beach, California to watch Carson play in a golf tournament: major HIGH.  During which, I came down with a really bad cough: low (imagine me on the golf course - a very silent setting - ducking into the forest with the deer trying to suppress a coughing fit).  I think I even cracked a rib or two from all the hacking!  Low!  Valentine's Day: blegh.  Now our son, who seemed to escape all the sick, has gone down: lowwwww.  Too many lows.  Anyone else ready for spring??

But this morning, I was at the Today Show: high!!  I made two different veggie burgers and some rutabaga fries (recipes here) and it felt so great to be back in the kitchen.  Once I knock this jet lag, I plan on making all the things I've been dreaming of these past few weeks.  So come back!  Don't forget about me!  (Photos by Samantha Okazaki)   


Previous
Next Post »