Homemade Acai Bowl


If you follow me on Instagram, you know I've been on an Acai Bowl kick as of late.  If you are what you eat, then I am a bowl of slushy, fruity goodness.  Funny thing is, I didn't even know how to pronounce the word 'acai'  a few months ago.  It was probably my hesitation in ordering one.  "Um, can I have an a-key... a-kay... a-kie... never mind."  WELL GUESS WHAT FOLKS.  It doesn't matter how you say it because it's delicious (but in case you're wondering, it's 'ah-SIGH-eee').  

Only problem with binging on these bowls?  They're expensive!  So I decided to make one at home.  

First, I found these packets at Whole Foods...  


Then, I gathered up a few more ingredients... almond milk for blending, granola, organic honey, blueberries, unsweetened coconut, sliced banana and raspberries.  


I took one and a half packets of the acai and blended it with 1/4 cup of almond milk.  I layered the bowl with granola and coconut, added the acai, then topped it all with more granola, coconut, berries, banana and drizzled everything with honey.  


Yummy.  The consistency was a bit runny (so maybe next time I'd add less almond milk or possibly some almond butter for thickness).  But I'm glad I've found a cheaper version I can make at home!
Previous
Next Post »