Cheese and Spinach Puff Pastry Bites


I have a tendency of getting on random food kicks where I eat the same thing every day for months.  Back in my 20's when I worked in an office, I ate a banana and peanut butter literally at the same time each day (if the office was out of bananas I would hyperventilate).  I'm nearing the end of my latest kick, which is the Wheat Spinach Savory Fold-Over Thingy (you'd think I'd know the official name of it) from Starbucks.  It's low in calories, it's the perfect mid-day snack, it's flaky and buttery and salty and delicious.  I've had puff pastry in my freezer for awhile in hopes of recreating it, and I sort of got around to it last night.  This is definitely a variation of the Starbucks version, but it's just as salty and buttery and delicious.  I followed this recipe but altered it by using puff pastry sheets instead, and cutting them into small circles before molding them into cups in a mini cupcake tin.  I baked them at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes until they were bubbly and golden.  

So what should I eat every day for the next few months?


Previous
Next Post »